My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 1, 2018

Bacon Wrapped Carrots

Have you ever seen something on Facebook 
and just knew you had to give it a try?
I saw a video with a recipe for bacon wrapped carrots
and I knew I had to make them.
The funny thing is, that I hate cooked carrots.
Honestly, I never eat them, but something about these
grabbed me and I had to give them a try.
I was having family over and decided to make them
as an appetizer, they were really easy.
I'm a bit of a rebel when I make something like this.
You see, I have a habit of not following the recipe.
So I ended up making my own version,
a little different, but basically the same idea.
I peeled the carrots, wrapped them in thin sliced bacon
and laid them out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment
paper.
I then mixed syrup (I didn't have maple syrup, so I substituted
the cheap stuff, plain old pancake syrup) a bit of
"Hot Mama's Hot Hot Sauce" ( they called for Sriracha)
and some fresh ground black pepper, all into a bowl 
and mixed well with a whisk.
I then brushed the bacon wrapped carrots on both sides
with the syrup mixture.
Then they went into the over at 400*
After about 25 minutes, I flipped them and brushed
on more of the mixture, then cooked them for another
25 minutes.  When they came out of the oven, I brushed them
one more time.
This is how they looked and I have to say they were
fabulous.
Like I said, I hate cooked carrots, but there was a little piece
that broke off one of them and I had to give it a try.
It was soooooo stinkin' good!
I even ate a whole one when my family was here.
My sister in law was so surprised, she'd never seen me 
eat a cooked carrot before!
I really did like these carrots though and so did 
everyone else.
I'll definitely be making them again.
I do have to say that the pan I cooked them on
was quite a mess.  Between the bacon grease and the
sugar in the syrup,the parchment paper and the high temp,
there was a big cooked on mess.
After a little soaking and scrubbing,
it all came off so all is good.
If you ever try making these, be sure you use
a pan with sides.  I did, thank goodness, or 
it would have been a bigger mess. 

I'm so glad you stopped in today,
Please come again soon,
you never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates!



No comments: