Hello Blog friends.
I just need to let y'all know that I have to take a little break
from my blogging for a bit.
2 weeks ago we had a fire in our garage and it has turned
our lives upside down.
We were grilling for dinner and when I dumped the hot coals into the grill
from the chimney one of them fell into the garbage can that was near by.
My husband put the garbage can back where we keep it in the garage.
An hour or so later we had just finished up dinner and were relaxing on
the deck when our daughter, Kelsie, heard something and when she checked it
out, it was a fire.
The volunteer fire department were here within about 5 minutes and put the
fire out pretty quickly, but, of course there was a lot of damage.
We will be having the garage totally rebuilt and Dave and I have been
going through the contents and listing what we have lost, which is
about 80% of what was in there.
So many special things were lost, as we were storing some of my Mom's
antique furniture in there, but at least we still have our memories.
We were very lucky that this fire wasn't much worse than it was.
I can't imagine how people deal with a house fire, the garage is