My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine for Marie

Hello Everyone!
Happy Valentine's Day!
This year I have the pleasure of having a
very special Valentine.
It's our first Valentine's Day with our Granddaughter.
I decided that I wanted to knit her a sweater and I had
been eyeing this yarn for quite a while.
I finally found the pattern book I wanted and
bought the yarn and made the sweater.
This was my first cardigan and although it isn't 
perfect, I do love how it turned out.
If I were to make another one for her, I wouldn't put as many
buttons on it, I think the 8 they suggested was a little bit too much
and I'm not crazy for how they sit, but I think for a first
cardigan, I did a pretty good job.
I wanted to have different colored buttons, but couldn't 
find all the colors I wanted, so I went with the yellow buttons
and sewed them on with yarn that matched the stripe they 
were on.
Here is the card I made to go with the sweater.
I found a colorful piece in my handmade background stash,
then embossed the 
The sentiment is from a set I got on clearance
without a package, so I have no idea who made it.
I also heat embossed the edges of a piece of card
stock with the same powder to use as a mat for the
image.






Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.




No comments: