My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Art Swap Christmas Card 2023

Hello and welcome!
I know this is past the Christmas season,
but I wanted to share this card I made for 
a friend.
Our swap group had a Christmas card swap and this
is the card I made.
I made this with a set of dies I got from Temu.
I will admit that it took me a while to figure it all 
out and get it together.
It's my own fault though, as I made it much more
difficult than it needed to be.
For instance I wanted the cut out areas to show gold on
both sides of the card, so I had to do a double layer of
the center panel and position the gold behind both sides.
I ended up using a whole piece for one side and gluing the
cut out pieces into the open areas on the other side.
A tedious task, but I got it done.
I also cut out snow for the bottom of this panel and
also cut the deer out and adhered it to the deer that 
was originally green.
I put a small panel in to write my greeting,
then decided that some birds would look
really cute and cut them from another die
and adhered them to the top of the small panel.
I was very happy with this card in the end and love
how it turned out.
It was a lot of work and figuring, but it was well worth
it.

I'm glad you stopped in today and hope you have been inspired
in some way.
Please do come again,
until then,
make something you love.





 

No comments: