My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, October 10, 2016

More Inspirational Quote Projects

 Hello all!
My last post was about some inspirational quote projects
that I made for our scrapping/crafting studio.
Today I have a few more to show you.
This is one of the walls at My Happy Place.
The banner at the top says CREATE,
I made that banner quite a while ago and it was 
hanging in a different spot, so we moved that over on
this wall.
The background of this piece was created
 with watercolor crayons.  I colored a few colors onto
my craft mat, added water and 'smooched' the 
watercolor paper into the color to pick it up.
After it was dried I used my light box to 
trace the words and painted them with 
I adhered the project to a piece of matting and strung
the ribbon through holes around the sides and to make
the hanger.
This one was done by stamping the flowers onto
I love the smooth surface of this paper for coloring.
I used VersaFine Onyx Black ink for the stamping,
did the coloring with my Fantasia Colored Pencils.
The words were painted with pearlescent watercolors.
This last piece was the start of my whole
"journey" into making these projects.
It started with this inspiration
from Kristina Werner.
As I said in my last blog post,
It's all about 
Inspiration not Re-creation.
I'm not as talented as she is,
so I used my light box to trace 
the words that I had printed onto a 
piece of computer paper using
pearlescent watercolors.
(Can you tell that I love them?)
The background was made 
with the 'smooching' technique I 
mentioned above using Distress Inks.

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I've
been up to.
I hope you'll come again soon.
I have one more project to show you in this
"series" ..... well, until I get some more done that is.
I hope you are enjoying them and have gotten some 
inspiration from them.
Until next time:
Make Pretty Things!

Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
and you may find better prices elsewhere.
I am in no way promoting any particular site.



No comments: