My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Card With Dimensional Circles

Welcome!
I'm glad you are here to visit for a little while.
Today I am sharing a card that I made using a 
technique that I saw on a You Tube channel that
I follow.
In the video, she uses rice paper, but I didn't 
happen to have any.  I did, however, have another
type of paper that was fairly thin, so I decided to
give it a try.
I punched circles from card stock with punches that I had handy,
then glued them together to give them a bit more 
depth.  I think I used 3 for each circle.
The circles were glued to a piece of card stock.
I then used alcohol inks to color the paper.
The panel was then covered with glue.
I used glue stick, as I didn't want it to dry before
I got the colored piece in place as I wanted it.
I used a bone folder to smooth the paper down and over
the circles.  I had to be sure to press around the circles
to have that paper adhere around them and show the dimension.
The "joy" was stamped onto a piece of card stock and punched
out with an oval punch.  I inked the edges of the oval with
the same color I used to stamp the sentiment, then
adhered it to the front of the card.
A simple white card base set it off very nicely.
I'm very happy with this card, something a little different
and I think, very pretty.

Thanks for stopping today, 
I hope you have enjoyed your time here and 
have been inspired in some way.
Come again soon.
Until then,
try something new, even if you
don't have the same supplies in the 
example you see.



 

No comments: