My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Journal for a Friend

Hello and welcome!
Today I have a journal to show you.
A friend's birthday was coming up, so 
I decided that I'd make her a journal.
I used mat board for the covers and spine,
covered them with this gorgeous paper
that was in my stash.
Pictures don't do this cover justice, the paper 
I used is a very shimmery gold and silver
and so stinkin' pretty.
I used a variety of papers for the pages.  
Some I printed lines for writing, some are plain.
Some are colored and some have a little bit of at pattern 
on them. When you make it, whatever you want to
use is good.
I added metal corners to all 4 corners,
not only does this give the journal a bit of
elegance, it gives it protection.
It's hard to see in this picture, but each 
signature is hand sewn.
The insides of the covers are a lovely 
silver paper.
I love how this turned out and I think 
my friend loved it too.

Thanks for stopping in today,
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
give making a journal a try.
Here's a link to my favorite journal maker.
This is the first in a series of videos,
but she has a lot of other wonderful videos
available.




 

No comments: