My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

October Swap

Hello crafty friends!
Today I have a card I made for an art swap.
The "parameters" were
Color: Use green or blue
Technique: Stencil, stamping, collage
Product: stencil paste, ink, magazine page, 
paper napkin/tissue paper
Theme:  nature, peace/calm, women
Finished piece:  card,  ATC, frameable/hangable art piece
Color: I used blue and green
Technique: I just realized that I failed on this one,
I didn't use any of them. 
Product:  I used ink and tissue paper for the background "water"
I also used magazine pages for the fish and seahorses
I covered them with packing tape, then soaked them in water
and rubbed the paper off.  This leaves the image on the tape.
I then glued some of them to plain white card stock and fussy cut them.
The larger seahorse was easy to cut and glue down 
with out the card stock.
I went with the nature theme in the over all card,
as well as in the "sea weed" which is actually
pressed and dried pieces from one of our plants
that we had in a planter this summer.
I just heard from my friend that she had received 
the card and loves it.

Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to.
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
challenge yourself!





 

No comments: