My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, September 9, 2021

I Call It Portobello Mushroom Lasagna

Hello creative people.
Today I have something different to show you.
I feel that cooking is a creative process and today I 
decided to create something different for dinner.
I call it Portobello Mushroom Lasagna.
I cleaned out the portobello mushrooms and placed them in
oven safe dishes, with a little bit of olive oil in the bottom.
Did you know cleaning out the mushrooms is much easier
when you use a plastic spoon?  I learned this from my 
daughter in law.
I slices up some zucchini and added some slices to the mushrooms
then some sauce (I used some of my daughter in law's sauce) then 
a mixture of ricotta and spices.  (oregano, S&P, Italian seasoning, garlic and 
Parmesan cheese)
Then topped that with some sliced onion.
Next I added more sauce.
To top it all off with some spinach and mozzerella cheese.
Then I popped those babies into a 350* oven for 
about 1/2 hr.
And they were ready to eat!  Well, too hot to eat right away,
but after a little wait they were ready.
I used a roll to make us some cheesy garlic bread.
And our yummy, melty, saucy 
Portobello Mushroom Lasagna
was ready.
It was so good, we both at the whole thing.
I will definitely be making this kind of dish again
in the future and put whatever veggies I have available into
it.

Thanks for stopping in today, I hope you have been inspired
in some way to get creative in the kitchen.
 Come again soon,
until then,
happy cooking and creating!



 

No comments: