My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, February 6, 2022

From Curtains to Apron

Hello, welcome!
Last year I won these curtains in a basket at a 
basket auction.  I don't even remember putting a ticket 
into that drawing, but here they are.
They have been sitting in my craft room all this time
and I did have an idea that I would make an apron from
them, so I finally did.
A couple days before Christmas I just decided to do it.
So I had hubby get my sewing machine out for me
and I set to work and just flew by the seat of my
pants and made it up as I went.
It took me less than an hour to put this together
and I'm very happy with how it turned out.
This is a mini apron for my 2yr old granddaughter.
She loves to cook and bake.
I plan to make another one for her so she'll have one at
home and one here.
I think there will be enough fabric for a
couple more adult sized aprons too.
This is one of the aprons she usually uses when 
she is here.  This one was my Mom's and when I
was little I had a matching one.  I'm hoping I can
find mine around here somewhere.
But if not, hopefully, I'll get one made to match
the one I made her for Christmas.
Here is my little baker in her apron.
Here she is guarding the oven that was baking
the cinnamon rolls she made with Mommy.

Thanks for popping in to visit,
I hope you've been inspired in some way.
Come again soon.
Until then,
create something to reuse some materials in
a different way.




 

No comments: