My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Mittens

Good day friends!
I know it's getting late in the season to be 
making mittens, but I wanted to share these with
you. I love this pattern for crocheted mittens
and have made many pairs over the years.
They are made with worsted weight yarn.
This pair I made crocheting into the back
loop only to give the ridged pattern.
I've never done this before.
I also single crocheted them together along
the edges.
These two pair I made the way I usually crochet them.
I crocheted into each full stitch and sewed the edges 
together.  I prefer this without the ridges.
It's all a personal preference.
What I love about these mittens is that they are
a little smaller at the wrist and then are long
enough to be tucked up your sleeve and
you don't get a gap between your sleeve and your
mitten.
I have made them in the past and made them double thick.
I make 2 pair and put one inside the other and stitch them
together at the opening.  They are very heavy and warm
when I do this.  But they are really warm making them
with a single layer too.
If you are interested in the pattern for these mittens
e-mail me at Mamamaynard55@hotmail.com and
I will e-mail you the pattern.
Also please comment to let me know you are
e-mailing me.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have enjoyed your time here
and will come again soon.
Until then;
plan ahead, make some mittens for
next winter.


 

No comments: