My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, March 22, 2021

Marbled Paper with Shaving Cream and a 15 month Old

Hello all!
Sara recently suggested we have a crafting time
with Marie to make some Easter decoration
and what fun we had!
We decided to do some paper marbling with
shaving cream and craft paints.
I spread some shaving cream on an old cookie sheet.
Then Marie picked her colors and I put some on top of the
shaving cream and swirled it around with a stick.
Next we laid a piece of card stock on top of the cream,
although Marie was more interested in lifting it up to get
to the shaving cream.
Then I lifted the paper off and scrapped off the shaving 
cream.  We did a couple with those colors then cleaned
up the cookie sheet and did some other colors.
Marie was really into the shaving cream.
She played with it and squished it in her hands.
Sara has learned to give her a pacifier when she is
painting etc. this way she doesn't stick it into her mouth.
Mushing it around with your hands is so much fun.
"What do you mean G-Ma, that you want to
make some pretty papers?  I like making pretty 
hands!"
I had printed out eggs on the card stock sheets
and cut them out once they were dry,
this is how they turned out.




And we made one bunny.
Looks like a Buffalo Bills Bunny to me!
These are some of the pages we got
that I will be using to make some cards
for Marie to send out for Easter.

After she played for a while in the shaving cream,
the colors got pretty mixed together and we ended up
with a very gray print.
I'll still use it to make something though.
I also have a bunch of left over scraps that
I can use.  We'll see what we can do with them.


All in all we had a lot of fun doing this project.
I did cut out some sponge shapes to stamp with,
but Marie was a little over stimulated to give that a try.
We'll do that another day.
I have plenty of crafty ideas for her.

Thanks for stopping in today,
I hope you have enjoyed your time here and got inspired
in some way.
Come again soon.
Until then,
craft with a kid!










 

No comments: