My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Pocket Birthday Card

Hello and welcome!
Today I'm showing you the card I made for
my hubby, Dave, for his birthday.
This is made from a business envelope with
a window in it.
I simply folded up the envelope so the window
was at the bottom of the pocket that it made.
I stamped the "happy birthday" on a piece of
white card stock with VersaFine Black Onyx Ink
and positioned it inside the envelope,
before I folded and glued it to make the pocket.
I covered the front of the pocket with some 
alcohol ink covered deli paper from my stash.
Then found some woven burlap type embellishment
in my stash and added that and glued the 
postage stamps on top of it.
We are big fans of  Ireland and castles,
so I thought these stamps were perfect for him.
I then made a small tag to go in the pocket.
I used white card stock and inked it with
a couple Distress Inks,
I believe they were 
Broken China
and
I wrote out a greeting in Gaelic
Go n-eiri an t-adh leat
which basically means
wishing you the best of luck
Slainte means cheers
and gra which means love.
I adhered the entire pocket onto
a piece of card stock.
He loved his card, it is sooooo
him!
Here is a link to a video showing how
to make this kind of pocket, there are 
other uses for these, I just chose to make mine
into a card.  She does a bit more elaborate design
in the video, but you'll get the idea anyway.

Thanks for stopping in today.
I hope you have been inspired in some way
and will return again soon.
Until then,
try something new and different!






Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.



 

No comments: