My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Woodworking Journal

Hello crafty people.
I hope you're having a beautiful day with lovely
weather like we are in the Western NY area.
Today I'm showing you a journal I made for my 
brother.  After he retired he started doing woodworking,
and makes some beautiful things.
He has been working on fold up tables for the patio
and makes little changes each time he makes a new one.
I thought it would be a good idea for him to have somewhere 
to write down his measurements and ideas.
I thought the wood grain on this paper was perfect
for a woodworking journal.
I added metal corners to protect them, as I know it
will probably get knocked around a bit.
I made and added a little note pad on the inside
for making any kind of shopping list etc.
This is held in with a belly band, so when he finishes this
note pad, he can replace it with a new one.
I gave him plenty of pages, some are plain paper that 
he can do sketches on, and some are lined pages to write
on.  Whatever way he wants to use it, is fine with me.
I glued small wood look tiles to the 
spine as a "title" unfortunately, they were all
glued on before I realized that I had made
woodworking two words.  He'll just have to 
suffer with my mistake.
All the signatures (groups of pages) were
hand stitched.  I know it's hard to see the
thread, but it's 2 strands of embroidery floss.
The signatures were sewn together into
one set of pages and glued into the spine of
the book cover that I had made for it.
I think he will appreciate this journal and hopefully
use it for a long time when creating new projects.

Thanks for stopping by today,
if you have been inspired to make any kind of
journal or book, there are a lot or great videos on
YouTube, just search journal making or book binding.
My favorite is 
Nik the Booksmith.
Nik shows and explains techniques very well and
is very enjoyable to watch.
I hope you'll give it a try and
also come visit here again soon.
Until then,
learn a new technique.


 

No comments: