My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Dendritic Printing

Hello crafty people!
I hope you are having a wonderful summer, or 
winter as the case may be.  Hopefully you're having great
weather where you are.
Yes, it's another "I found this while reorganizing" post.
These are dendritic prints that I made and never used
for anything.  I love finding things like this, it gives
 me something to ponder and play with.
It's really quite an easy process and you never know what
you'll end up with.
First thing is to pick a color, or two if you like
of paint.
Put some paint onto a slick surface and spread it out with
a paint brush or your fingers.
I usually use glass, but this one above was done on
a stamping block.
Next take another piece of glass or whatever you have that works,
and press down on top of that paint.  
You can even use a stiff piece of plastic, or a laminated 
piece of card stock.
As you press down on the top piece, you will be 
'smooching' out the paint and when you pick it up,
you'll have a very unique look.
Now is the time to lay your card stock or paper 
down onto the paint.  Just lay it down pressing very lightly
 and lift it up and you have an interesting design that you can use
for the background of a card, a tag or whatever
you like.
You never know what it will look like
Here is a link to a video by 
Nina Ribena who I follow on YouTube
and participate in her facebook group,
"Mixed Media Emporium with Nina Ribena

I'm glad you stopped in today and hope you will 
give this technique a try.
It's another oldie, but goodie.
Come again soon,
until then,
try a new technique!

Watch for a post in the near future showing ways
I've used these prints.

 

No comments: