My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Annual Cookie Decorating Competition

Hello crafty people!
This year was the 3rd year that my family has had
an Annual Cookie Decorating Competition.
This year there were 6 of us in the competition.
Each year we use a different cookie cutter and make
cut out cookies.  We each get a cookie to decorate
in what ever way we want.
On Christmas I post pictures and ask family and friends
to vote for their favorite.  The winner gets bragging
rights for the next year.
This year we posted the pictures on New Year's Day,
since we had a blizzard at Christmas time and not everyone
had their cookies ready and couldn't get out to 
get their ingredients,  Actually, my son in law was
stuck at his work place for a few days, so he couldn't do his
cookie.
This is the cut out that we used this year.
I was out antiquing with a friend when I found a
Santa cookie cutter and thought it would work great.
These cookies are 8" tall, so plenty of area to decorate.
Below are the cookies, who decorated them and how many
votes they each received.
Brad's brown sack Santa received 5 votes
Jaryd's outlined Santa received 23 votes
Kelsie's girl received 20 votes
Kristie's (that's me!) shiny Santa received 37 votes
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!
Marie's no leg Santa, (she ate the legs) received 16 votes.
She is my 3 yr old granddaughter.
Sara's Buffalove Santa received 17 votes.

I was so proud to be the clear winner this year.
Now I have bragging rights until next Christmas when
someone will probably take me down.
Here are the winners from the past 2 yrs.
2020 our first year, Sara won.
2021 our 2nd year, Kelsie won.
Now we need to keep our eyes open for a 
great cookie cutter for next year.

Thanks for stopping by to visit,
I hope you'll come again soon.
You never know what you'll find on
Kristie Kreates!
Until then,
CREATE!





 

No comments: