My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Christmas shaker

Welcome!
I have a Fuse Tool and haven't really used it.
I tried it a couple times, but didn't get good results.
Recently I talked to a couple people about how to
use it and thought I'd give it a try again.
Of course I wanted to use it to make a shaker card.
I used a scrapbook page protector to make a small
"envelope" with my Fuse, added several colors of sequins
and sealed up the end.  And there I had it, it worked
out great.  The secret is to be sure the Fuse is 
heated up enough and to run the Fuse fairly slowly
over the plastic.  This gives it time to melt, but be 
careful not to go too slow, or it will melt right
through.  It's a delicate balance and takes a little
practice.  Be sure you are using the little wheel
nib and not the pointy one.  The wheel is for fusing seams
the pointed one is for cutting.
For my card, I stamped a simple Christmas tree
and cut just inside the stamped image.
I then cut the tree from the snowflake paper 
just a bit larger than the stamped tree and adhered it directly to the 
card base.
I used ATG tape to adhere the sequin envelope behind the 
tree cut out, then taped a white card stock panel over the back
of it, inside the card.
On the inside, I stamped 
First Christmas card of the year done!

Thanks for popping in today.
Have you started your Christmas cards yet?
I know a few people who have.
I probably won't do another one for a few more
months.  Guess I work better under pressure.

Until next time, make something fun!

Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
and you may find better prices elsewhere.
I am in no way promoting any particular site.
However the Eureka Stamps image is 
exclusive to that company.


No comments: