My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, September 25, 2020

Gelli Printing

Hello and welcome to 
Kristie Kreates!
Have you ever done gelli plate printing?
If you don't know what it is or how it's done, 
here's a video that will give you some basic information
about it and techniques to use.
There are different sizes and brands of gelli plates
available on the market, but I made mine following
and it turned out great.
I love playing with my gelli plate,
here are some of the prints I made recently with mine.
This one has some remnants of  colors I used
that had dried onto the plate.
It's tough to see, but I used a stencil on this one,
I covered the painted area with a stencil, 
put a paper over it to lift some of the paint,
then took the stencil off and pulled another print.
Just lifted a couple different colors on this one.
Depending how much you put onto the plate, 
will determine what kind of coverage you get.
I love that this one has a lot of lines and "wrinkles" in it.
A couple more done with stencils.
For this one I put down paint, laid down some leaves,
made a print then lifted off the leaves and pulled another
print.
Sometimes you  don't get something all that great,
like this red and orange one, but I do like the gray, pink and blue
on the other half of the sheet.
Another one using a stencil.

I know these don't look like much, but they will go into
my background stash and I will eventually find a use for them.
I have already made some cards with some of my prints 
and I'll be sharing those here on the blog soon.
So come again soon and see what I've done with some of
my gelli prints.

Thanks for spending time here and I'll see you again soon.
Until then:
give something new a try.




 

No comments: