My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Viviva Watercolor Review

Hello blog friends!
Today I have something a little different for you.
I was contacted a little while ago by 
with an offer to send me a set of their
colorsheets to try and review.
To be clear, they did give me these free of charge,
but they have not paid me for this review and 
I will only give an honest review of the product.
When they arrived they were in a large envelope
in this packaging.
I opened it to find this pad of 
colorsheets.  This is a perfect size for
carrying to paint on the go,
or in any setting.
Each color is clearly marked
with it's name and these sheets are very
highly pigmented. 
The color that you see is not the color of the
paint, but once you wet the colorsheet, the 
actual color appears.
There is a protective sheet between the
colorsheets to prevent wet colors from
mixing and sticking together.
I find this very helpful when 
using multiple colors.
There are color swatches at the bottom of each 
page of colorsheets for easy reference.
Now to get to the really fun part.
The painting!
I am, by no means, an artist. I love to 
"play" with watercolors and do different
techniques with them.
But you will not find any fabulous pieces of
artwork done by me.
I'm a crafter who loves playing with watercolors,
and I have to say these are wonderful.
I started to check these out by choosing 4 colors.
I chose Chrome Yellow, Gold Ochre, Burnt Umber and
Burnt Sienna.
I had seen this video about testing out colors and 
followed her lead and drew a series of wavy lines to
follow.  Then I set about painting.
I started at the ends with the strongest saturation of
paint, and using a pallet I added water a little at a time
to lighten the colors, painting a few waves with each 
color, the switching to another.
I have to say, these paints are a joy to work with,
they are very saturated with pigment and go on very smoothly.
You need very little color to achieve a beautiful result.
Once I had the base layer of paint on the 
watercolor paper, I let it dry completely.
I then drew circles on the painting and 
painted them in with colors that contrasted with 
the area they were drawn.  The colors covered
beautifully.
I then drew leaves and used 
Light Green and Sap Green to paint the leaves.
Like I have said, I'm no artist, but I love how this turned out.
I love everything about these paints and am now
obsessed with playing with them and testing them out.
Below you'll find some more tests that I did with my 
Viviva Colorsheets.
I stated out with full strength Persian Blue
on my pallet and with each consecutive wave
I added a little more water.
As you can see the color is beautiful and
lightens gradually.
This was done with Violet,
such a beautiful color.
I wanted to do a small piece for a 
die cut for a card. I used just a swipe of the
Crimson and added water to it to gradually lighten.
You can see that what is left is still full of color.
Another test using 2 colors,
sorry, I'm not sure which colors I used,
I was having too much fun and forgot to take note.
I started at the bottom and added water
then once I was about 1/2 way up the page, I
started adding one of the purple colors.
I love the ombre look that I got.
For these and the ones below, I wanted to clean
up the paint that was on my pallet and made these
background pieces.  I simply sprayed the watercolor paper
with water and dropped in the colors and let them blend.
I also did a little flicking of color from my brush.

All in all, I don't have a bad thing to say about these 
Viviva Colorsheets, they are highly pigmented with 
beautiful colors, are easy to work with, blend like a dream and
are compact and easy to carry and store. 
If you are at all interested in watercolor work, 
either for painting lovely pieces or using them for cards
etc. check out
Their price point is very reasonable and you won't be
sorry you gave them a try.
Thank you to Viviva for introducing me to your 
wonderful Colorsheets, I will be using them a lot 
and loving them for a long time.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have been inspired and will come again soon.
Until then.
try something new!








 

No comments: