My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Chair

Hello and Welcome!
Today I have a different kind of project to show y'all.
I'm in a Buy Nothing Group and I saw this chair offered,
so I said I'd love it for my granddaughter and was 
lucky enough to get it.
I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
I started out by sanding it down to take off the
finish so the paint would grab on.
I spray painted it with white, in the areas I knew 
needed a white background.
I cut out polka dots with vinyl, to use as masks and 
stuck them on the seat of the chair.
Then painted it with red paint.
I punched out circles from vinyl to make masks
and put them on the seat of the chair to protect the white.
Once this has a few coats of paint I can remove
the vinyl dots to reveal the white polka dots.
The bow was a few steps.
First I cut a bow from vinyl with my 
Silhouette Cameo and removed the bow to use 
the rest as a stencil.  I punched the little polka dots
with a small punch.
Once the bow was done, I removed the vinyl 
stencil and put the vinyl bow over the area painted red.
This protected the red bow and white dots from the black paint.
Then I covered the seat with paper and painters tape
to protect it from black paint splashes and painted
the rest of the chair in black.
I had also made a mask of vinyl for Marie's name
on the back of the chair.
Once the black painting was done, 
I removed the mask.
There is a bit of touch up to be done
A bit of touch up needed on the bow too.
Once all the painting was done,
I realized that it needed a finishing coat or the paint
would end up chipped and scratched.
I used Minwax Polycrylic and gave the 
chair several coats.
And, here is the finished chair.
It's not prefect by any means, but I'm happy
with how it turned out.
I think this is something she and my
son and daughter in law will cherish for
a long time to come.

Thanks for stopping by,  I hope you like
my little chair and are somehow inspired.
I hope to see you again soon,
until then,
have fun in the new year!















 

No comments: