My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, April 1, 2022

Easter Eggs

Hello crafty people!
Today I'm showing you a bit of our Easter egg
coloring from 2021.
Marie colored her own eggs and we had 
an egg coloring contest.
We each colored and decorated an egg in 
whatever way we wanted, then I put pictures up on
Facebook and the judging commenced.
See below for the final eggs and the winner.
For Marie to color eggs, Sara put food coloring in
rice in cup cake tins.
Marie had fun rolling the eggs in the colored rice
and making her own eggs.
Another fun way she got to color eggs,
was to have food coloring in whipped topping.
You can see she had lots of fun doing this activity.
Here are most of our eggs.
Our contest entries and results below.
Brad 24 votes 
the clear winner!
Brad's response:
"Wow! I'm really not much of a bragger, but I'll give it a shot...
first time dying eggs and I beat an entire family of artists?! 
Better luck next year!"
Jaryd received 4 votes
He tried a technique with putting wax on
the egg and coloring it, then a different layer
and coloring again. 
Kind of a batik method.
Didn't come out like he hoped.
But it was a nice try.
Kelsie 7 votes
Kelsie and Brad both love the universe, stars
and planets.
Marie 13 votes
A pretty good job for a 1.5 yr old.
Sara 2 votes
Sara went simple with a colored egg and stickers.
Kristie 17 votes
I colored mine and then painted it.

We had so much fun doing this and having the 
facebook contest that we plan to make it a
yearly family activity.
Which egg would you have voted for?

Thanks for stopping in today.
Come again soon.
Until then:
have fun with a family activity!

No comments: