My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, April 25, 2022

Recipe Box

Good day!
I hope your day is going well.
Today I'm showing you the beautiful recipe box
my brother made for my daughter for her bridal shower.
Each guest wrote out a favorite recipe for Kelsie and 
brought it to the shower.
I thought it would be nice to have a recipe box to put them
into, so I requested that my brother make her one.
I gave him the size I needed and off he went, 
designed it and made it.
These are the pictures he sent me when he had it finished.
I think he did such a beautiful job.  I never knew he had 
this talent, because he never had the time to do any woodworking
before he retired.
My sister in law got the dividers for the box, so it
would be ready to go.
He even has his own brand to mark his work with.
One of the amazing things is that all the wood that he's
been working with is his old privacy fence from his yard.
Several years ago they needed a new fence and he kept 
a lot of the wood to use "someday, for something"
Now he has the time and is making beautiful things with it.
Amazing what you can do if you have a little vision.
Here is a picture of Kelsie at her 
"virtual gift opening"
showing her recipe box and thanking
her Uncle.
I'm sure she will enjoy and use this box for years
to come and it will be handed down to the
next generation.

Thanks for joining me today for a while.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my talented
brother's work.
Come again soon,
until then;
have some vision!





 

No comments: