My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

I Challenged Myself

Welcome blog friends!
One day I wanted to craft and didn't really 
have any set plans for what to do.
I decided to challenge myself to make some 
cards with images and backgrounds from my
stash.  These are three of the cards I made.
I had this image all colored and in my stash for a
long time.  It's not my usual style of image, but
I like it a lot, so I fussy cut it.
Then I went to my box full of backgrounds
that I have made and picked out this one. 
It was made with alcohol inks.  I simply adhered
the image to the inked panel and then added
it to a card base and I had it done.
Next I found this poppy image, which is one of my
favorite flower images.  I fussy cut it leaving a bit of a
white border around the image.  I think this really helps
set it out from the background.
I chose this background, which was also made 
with alcohol inks.  It's hard to see, but it also
has areas of gold foiling.  While the ink was still a
little bit sticky, I pressed the foil to the ink and then pulled 
it off.  This leaves the foiling anywhere that it could 
stick to the ink.  
I used foam tape to adhere the flower to the background panel,
then adhered it to a card base.
For this card, I pulled out a tag and 
covered it with the alcohol inked background
piece.  I had a totally different idea in mind,
but then the silver and pink flocked animal 
print caught my eye and I added that.
I then used a stamp and 
Alcohol Lift Ink
to stamp the sentiment.
If you haven't ever used 
Alcohol Lift Ink, I encourage you to
give it a try.  I love using it.
Now I had a tag, but what to do with it?
I actually tried a couple other things and ended
up taking them apart, nothing seemed to be working
for me with this.
Then I decided to mount the tag on a piece of 
silver card stock, then black, then a card base.
As you can see, I trimmed each layer out as I went.
I really love how this turned out in the end.

I'm glad and grateful that you stopped by today.
I hope you have learned something or been inspired
in some way and will come back again.
Until then;
challenge yourself in some way.









Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


 

No comments: