My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Leaf Embroidery

Hello crafty people!
Today I have something very different to show you.
In March we had quite a wind storm, I took the dog out and
when I came back in, some leaves blew in with me
When I picked them up to throw them away, I was surprised
to find that this one was not brittle, but fairly pliable.
I have seen pictures of leaves that have been embroidered,
but have never tried it.
So I gave it a try.
I just pulled out a needle and some
embroidery floss and got to work.
I just free handed this and I don't think it 
came out too bad for a first try, with no
instruction, pattern or idea of what I was doing. 
The next day when I took the dog out again,
I found this leaf and brought it in.
I don't know what I'll do with it, 
or if I'll get around to embroidering on it,
but I know sometime I'd like to make some 
more embroidered leaves.
Have you ever embroidered on a leaf, or
something else that is out of the ordinary?
I'd love to hear about it if you have and see what
you made.

Thanks for spending some time with me today,
I hope you have been inspired in some way and will
come again soon.
Until then,
see possibilities in everyday things.

No comments: