My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Thank Full Journal - Junk Journal Style

I've been bitten by the junk journal bug!
I have made journals in the past and learned how
to make hand sewn signatures and such, but 
I guess, it was last spring I got interested in 
junk journals.  In June I made my first one and 
I'm now loving making them.
I made this one for a friend after seeing a 
video by Nik The Booksmith
where she made a "thought-full" book.
I combined her idea with a junk journal and 
now have made a few "thought full journals"
This is the outside of the journal.  I made the whole thing
from scratch, cover and all.  I used some canvas that I 
had sprayed with ink sprays to cover the cover.
I braided embroidery floss and wrapped it around buttons
attached to the front for a closure.
I can't show you all the pages I made, this would be a 
way too long post with all the pictures, so I picked a few
and will show you them.
This is the inside cover, I used paper that I created by
dipping string into paints, swirling them onto the page,
covering it and then pulling it out the bottom of the page.
My friend is a bit fan of Janet Evanovich, so I used the
dust cover from one of her books to create this page,
with a belly band.
I used some printed and embossed velum that has been in my 
stash for a long time for the page on the left.  I bought
it because I loved it, but then never found a use for it, until
now.  The page on the right has a large tuck area that is
made with some eco-printed paper from my stash.
I made a tag to go into the tuck too.
Using book pages and music is great for journals.
I used some lyrics for the page and sheet music for the
pockets.  The front is a piece of eco-printed paper.
Here is a video explaining how to make these
I used some of my alcohol inked background papers for the
page on the left and created a diagonal belly band with 
a coordinating piece.
The page on the right is part of a page from a very old
book on how to manage your household money.
On the left, more eco-printed paper and on the right
I used some instructions from an old sewing pattern.
The purple is some paper that I made a while back, it's
thicker than regular paper, so really lent itself to being
decorative.
Guess I've chosen several eco-printed pages for this post.
Here is another one.
I have a very small dictionary that I picked up at a 
recycle store and I love using the pages from it in my
journals, this one I have starred "flowery" since it is
on the page next to the eco-printed flowers.
An alcohol ink back ground, with an ink sprayed piece of
canvas for a tuck spot and a tag from eco-print paper on the left.
The right is a page for her to write about memories.
This page is a page that I colored from an adult coloring book.
Every wonder what to do with those colored pages, well
cut them up and use them in a journal, they are also
great to cut up to make cards.
The pocket on the left is simply a piece of card stock with lines 
to outline it and a small journaling tag.
The bottom right is a picture of M&Ms from a magazine
that I fussy cut and made into a small pocket.
This is one of the center pages in a signature.  It's a cover from
some very old sheet music.  I love the picture and there is 
a poem on it.  I think it's beautiful and she can write on it and still 
be able to see the picture, if she wants.
Here is the inside back cover.  Another piece that I made.
This time using paints and a gelli plate.
This is where I added the buttons that hold the 
string that closes the book.

Well, that's all I have for this journal.
I'm sure I'll be posting more about my journals,
I have made a few more already and intend to make even
more of them.  I love creating something from things I have
and things that are old.

Thanks for stopping in, I hope you have been inspired in some way
and will come again soon.
Until then,
think junk journals and give them a try.
Here are a couple links to some of the people I follow on 
YouTube that may help if you are interested in creating 
some of your own.




No comments: