My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, January 17, 2022

The Ring

Hello fans!
Today I have a story to tell you that is near and dear
to my heart.
This is my Mom. She was one of the sweetest
people I have ever known.  She passes away 3 1/2 yrs
ago at the age of 93.
Since I am the only daughter, I inherited her 
jewelry.
This is her wedding set.
I've had it for a long time, she hadn't been able
to wear it for several years before she passed.
We knew that my daughter would be getting engaged,
but we didn't know when.  We absolutely love Brad
and decided that I would give him Mom's rings to use 
how he wanted for Kelsie's ring.
He took them to a wonderful jeweler that we know,
along with Jaryd and Sara, my son and daughter in law,
to decide on a design.
They got engaged on November 7th, which 
happens to be my birthday.
They used the band and diamonds on the side
of the ring and he chose a new diamond for the center.
Mom's band was yellow gold and Kelsie likes
white gold, it also needed a little gold to be added
to "stabilize" it, as it was quite worn, since it was 
given to Mom in the mid 1940s.
The band was covered with white gold.
The original diamond and the wedding band were given
back to me.
This ring turned out so beautiful and Kelsie
will always have her G-Ma with her.
We are so happy for them.

The happy couple!
Her friend and maid of honor gave her 
this ornament just after they got engaged.
And also took these engagement pictures.



What about the rest of the rings?
Well, here's what I did with them.
I took what was left back to the jeweler
and had a necklace made for her to wear 
at her wedding.
She wants rose gold for her wedding jewelry,
so that's what I had him use for this necklace.
The larger diamond is Mom's engagement diamond
and the smaller ones are from her wedding band.
I was thrilled with how it turned out and 
so was Kelsie.
I gave it to her for Christmas with a tag that
it was from G-Ma.
She loved it and does plan on wearing it for her wedding.
I know this isn't something I made myself,
but I wanted to share this story and 
what we created together to make something
very special for my daughter.
I'm sure you'll be in for some posts about her wedding, 
as we do have some project planned for us to work
on together with her mom in law and wedding party.
Thanks for stopping in today,
come again soon,
until then,
think about how you can 
recreate something special.

 

No comments: