My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Shot Glasses

Hi everyone!
I hope you're having a wonderful day.
Today I want to show you some etched shot
glasses that I gave my future son in law for Christmas.
He has a shot glass collection and loves the
Marvel characters.
I started by asking my local Buy Nothing Group if anyone
had clear shot glasses they no longer wanted.
(I've linked to the Buy Nothing Project site so you can
learn more about this and see if there is a group in
your area)
I got response from a couple people.  I only needed one
at the time, but it turned into a bigger project.
These weren't all what I was expecting, but I think they
will work out for a later project.
I did use the green one for this gift.
I also received these 6 glasses from another member.
They were perfect for what I was planning.
Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut stencils with 
vinyl, then applied the stencils to the glasses.
This one is the Captain America logo.
On the other side of the glass,
I etched the character's name.
Once the vinyl stencil was applied
It's simple to use, just follow the instructions
on the jar.
Here is the Avengers Logo.
And their name.  Sorry these pictures aren't
great, it's very difficult getting photographs of
etching on glass and the size of the names 
makes it difficult, but you get the idea.
Hulk is Brad's favorite character and the
green shot glass was perfect for that character.
These 2 pictures show the HULK 
that is etched on the back of the glass.
Brad was thrilled with this little gift,
even more so because I made them for him.

I'm glad you stopped by today, I hope you are too. 
 Come again soon,
until then,
give something new a try and
check on a Buy Nothing Group
in your area.  I highly recommend 
being involved in one of these groups.






Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.




 

No comments: