My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Graduation/18th birthday invites

Jaryd graduated from Kenmore West High School in June and with me having had the hip replacement, we decided to wait until later in the summer to have his party. He will be turning 18 on August 15th, so we will be combining the 2 parties into one.

I wanted to make something really nice for the invitations and somewhere along the way I got the idea to make an easel card with senior pictures on them. Below you will see I have 3 different pictures that I have used for the invitations.

This first one I am using to send to a few of his buddies that he will be inviting to the "family" party. They are guys that he has played tennis with over his years in high school.
I think this is my favorite senior picture. I love that he looks like he is just ready to laugh. I think it shows a lot of his personality.

This is one of my other favorites. Is he just sooooo handsome or what? I love this one because it shows his tail. The photographer made sure she got some pics with his tail. He has had that tail since he was 3 years old. To me, it is just a part of him. He talked about cutting it off once he graduated, but he hasn't done it yet. Personally, I hope he keeps it, I don't think he is ready to get rid of it yet.

Here is a close up of the writing on the raised area infront of the picture. I used my Cri-kit gel pens with my SCAL2 program to write this using my Cricut Expressions. I used the silver metallic pen from the "Metallic Kit"
His school colors are blue and white, so I used plain white cardstock and a beautiful blue Core'dinations cardstock that I found at Joann's.
Here are all 3 invitations, sorry about the reflections on the pictures, I couldn't seem to get a decent shot without the reflections.
I haven't done the insides for the invitations yet, but I'm thinking it will probably be written with dark blue ink that will be pretty close to the blue cardstock in color.
My hope is that the people who receive the invitations will keep them as a remembrance.
Thanks for stopping by and as always, I'd be glad for you to become a follower and/or leave me a comment.
Until next time, happy crafting!




3 comments:

Thebug415 said...

Kristie, These came out so nice! What a great idea...and people can just put them on a mantle or side table as a nice photo of him. LOVE IT!

Carol said...

Kristie, these are terrific; what a fantastic idea! I certainly see people keeping these as a remembrance!

Nora said...

Great job, Kristie! And those pics sure do show his personality, so sweet and happy!