My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I made my own ink daubers

I saw this idea on Pinterest and figured I'd give it a try.
I'll admit it, I'm cheap!  I hate to buy anything that isn't on sale or that I don't have a coupon for. 
Then there are the things that I think the price is ridiculous  and I just won't buy it.
Ink daubers is one of those things that I figure I could do with out, the darn things are a crazy price and I'm just too cheap to pay for them.
So when I saw some instructions on Pinterest I knew I needed to make my own.

Here are the supplies. 
* PVC pipe, this is a bit under 1" 
(it was in the garage, part of some project Jaryd did while in high school)
*My little saw from my craft room.
*Cosmetic sponges, which I had in my craft room also.

I used my handy little saw to cut the pipe into pieces.  You could of course mark it and actually cut it all the same size, but I tend to fly by the seat of my pants and I have several different sizes.
Wish I could have gotten to cut straight across, but they didn't and it really doesn't make a difference.
There were a lot of rough edges, so I used an emery board to sand them down nice and smooth.
Then I folded a cosmetic sponge in half.
And shoved and twisted and turned that little guy down into the piece of pipe.
Until it popped out the other end.  Some of the longer pieces of pipe, I needed to use a pen to push them through, my fat little fingers don't fit down into the pipe.
And here they are, my home made ink daubers!  
They may not be pretty, but they sure will work just fine.
And when the sponge gets too "dirty" or wears out, I can just pull it out and put in a new one.

Please ignore my terrible dry skin and lack of manicure.
Isn't that just the cutest little dauber?!?!
This little buggers didn't cost me a cent!  
I happened to have all I needed here in the house, but even if you don't, you can get those cosmetic sponges at the Dollar Store and some PVC at the hardware/home store.  
I hear it's pretty cheap.
So stop spending money on daubers, make your own and spend that money you saved on some other supplies that you can't make yourself.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave me a comment if you like and come again soon.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a great idea Kristie!

Enfys said...

What a great idea, must try this x

Rachelle Christensen said...

That is awesome! I need to pin this!

Alemo said...

Love this~