My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Thinking of you

Hello all you craft lovers!
Today I have a card to show you that I made for a friend.
I wanted to let her know she is always in my thoughts and prayers.
I started with a piece of water color paper and an acrylic block.
Using a few water color crayons, I scribbled on the acrylic
block and spritzed it with a bit of water.
Then I laid the paper onto the block to soak up the color.
I have seen this technique done before and I've tried it
a number of times and I'm never very happy with the results,
but this time, I really did love it.
I stamped the Thinking of You sentiment onto the water 
color piece using my Misti tool.
I started out stamping it with yellow, hoping that it would show
up on the pink, but it didn't work and I ended up stamping over
it with a slate gray ink.
I adhered it to a bright yellow card base and added a white
piece of card stock inside.
On the inside the yellow worked much better.
I left room so I could write a message to my friend.
When I was at Ikea, I picked up this hook to send her.
She had gotten one when we had gone to Ikea a few weeks
ago when I was visiting and I know she wishes she had
picked up another, so I sent this along with the card.
I'm hoping it brings a smile to her face.
Now I'm wishing I would have picked up a couple for
my craft room.  Oh well, I'll just have to make another
trip to Ikea.  I just wish there was one close to me.
Another excuse to go visit I guess.

Thanks for stopping by today,
hope you'll stop by again soon.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

lostinpaper said...

What a wonderful watercolour CAS design!