My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Easy Peasy Crocheted Mittens

Hello crafty people!
A little while ago I got a message from Sara
asking how long it would take for me to make
a pair of mittens.
She and Jaryd had plans for an outdoor 
outing with friends and she could only find one glove.
So, Mom to the rescue!
I happened to have a pair of mittens 3/4 done, but 
didn't have the pattern to finish them.
I went online and found the same pattern and finished
them up that evening for her.
These are crocheted mittens and I made them
double thick by making 4 mittens and putting one 
inside the other and stitching them together at the 
opening.
I got this picture from Jaryd after he took them
home to her.  They are nice and warm for any outdoor
activity.
I also made a pair for Marie, but didn't double them up,
I think doubled would be a bit on the bulky side for
her.
The mittens were such a big hit with 
their friends that Sara told me that Kelsey
would love a pair in olive green.
Since Kelsey is my #2 son's fiance,
how could I not make a pair for her?
After all she's going to be my #2 
daughter in law!
She and Brian came and picked them
up the other day and she was thrilled with them.
Now I'm working on a pair for myself.
These are the easiest mittens to make,
they work up very fast and even with
one layer are very warm.
One skein of worsted weight yarn
can make 2 pair of adults mittens or
one double thick pair.
AND if you make them double thick,
they can be reversible.
If you know how to crochet,
you can make these mittens,
they are easy peasy!
For the pattern in 
all different sizes,

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll give these mittens a try
and come visit me again soon.
Until then,
keep warm!



 

No comments: