My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, January 21, 2022

Handfasting Frame

Hi crafty people!
If you've been following me for a while, you
probably know that my son got married 3 yrs ago in
September.  Since then Sara's bouquet has been at our
house.  I dried it with Silica, but we never did anything
more with it.  I decided to do something for
 them for Christmas.
I had the idea in my head and happened across 
a frame that was perfect when I was shopping at 
Scrap Creative Reuse in Ann Arbor, Michigan
The frame was pretty much like this one.
Just needed to get it cleaned up and transformed.
First I had to take it apart and remove the tassle
and the piece holding it.
I then printed a picture from the wedding
that showed the handfasting.
I printed the picture with my ink jet printer and
printed it lighter than normal to use for the background.
I checked to see about placement with part of the
frame to be sure I like the sizing.
I used 3 in 1 glue and glued the picture
to the back of the frame.  I trimmed the excess with
a craft knife.
Now my background is ready.
The flowers were very dry and brittle, so
I needed to be very careful with them.
I took all the ribbons from the handfasting
and tied them in an eternity knot.
This was tough with so many pieces of ribbon, but
I think I got it done pretty nicely.
I positioned it and adhered it to the background
with the 3 in 1 glue.
Once the glue was dried, I trimmed off the ends of
the ribbons and added some of the flowers from her 
bouquet.  Unfortunately, the roses were too big for the
frame, it was just not deep enough to be able to 
use them.
Once everything was trimmed I put the glass and the frame
on the piece and it was ready to go.
I love how it turned out and when Sara opened it
she was thrilled with it and totally surprised.
Jaryd was just as happy as she was and they found a place to
put it right away.
I'm so glad I did this for them,
it's taken a while to figure out what to do, but 
what I decided on turned out to be perfect.
Now I'd like to find a deeper shadow box frame that I can
do something with the other flowers.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have enjoyed seeing this project and
will come again soon. 
Until then,
create something new and different.







Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: