My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Unicorn

Hi All!
For my birthday in November, my son, daughter in law
and granddaughter gave me this book.
Do you think it was a hint?  LOL
Crochet Cute Critters is a fabulous book!
There is an animal with crochet directions for every letter
 of the alphabet.  Apparently my little Marie was quite
taken with the unicorn right off the bat.
So I decided to make it for her for Christmas.
I generally don't make things with a lot of pieces
that have to be sewn together, but for Marie
I'll do it, and I found that I really enjoyed making it.
This is the unicorn in the book. I used some 
creative license and used the colors of
yarn that I had in my stash.
Here is the unicorn I made for her.
She isn't perfect, but I learned a LOT
from making this one.
I learned that you really do need a 
worsted weight yarn.  I used a lighter
yarn and it worked okay, but there was space
between the stitches where you could see the stuffing.
I learned that I should have sewn the legs on
before I put the head on, would have been a
lot easier that way.
I made the number of curls that they recommended,
but her 'hair' is much thicker than what I see in
the pictures.  But that's okay, I like it!
And somehow her horn isn't as pointy as it is
in the pictures in the book, I couldn't figure that
one out, but if I make another one, I will.
Now that I've told you all the things wrong with it
let me say that she really is cute and I love how she 
turned out and so did everyone when I gave it
to Marie.
If I make another one with the lighter weight yarn,
I will definitely use a smaller crochet hook to keep
the gaps between stitches from happening.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you like my little unicorn and will come
again soon, I did make another animal from
the collection in the book and I'll be posting 
it one day soon.
Until then,
love what you do and 
do what you love.








Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.






 

No comments: