My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, December 2, 2022

Letterpress Cards

Welcome to Kristie Kreates!
I'm glad you here to spend a little time with me.
Today I'm showing you a couple 
letterpress cards.
Letterpress is when printing or an image is pressed
into the paper/card stock
I used embossing folders to do this letter press
technique.
I inked up the raised side of the embossing folder, 
put the card stock into the folder and ran it through
my Cuttlebug.
I have found that a light hand with the ink works 
best for me, but it's kind of a hit or miss until you
find the right amount or color of ink.
Sometimes, I will do a second generation printing,
where I run it through once, then without inking up the
folder again, run it through with another piece of card stock.
It all depends on how much ink you have on the folder and
also the color of ink.
I cut the little birds from a die set that I have
in my stash and added them to the fronts of the cards.
I really love that pop of color.
For one of the cards, I used this little die cut bird
on the inside of the card, just to add a little pop of color
and interest.
I love this technique and should remember to use it more often.

Thanks for coming by today for a visit,
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
try some letter press printing.

 

No comments: