My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Placemat

Hello blogger friends!  Today I'm showing you a place mat that I embellished.  I bought a few of these place mats from "The Christmas Tree Shop"  for $1.00 each, for the purpose of seeing what I could do with them to alter them a bit.  Below you can see what I am doing with them.   
We will be having an Open House for our business this weekend will be serving some yummy cookies and warm spiced cider.  I plan to use the mat with one of my favorite Christmas dishes to serve the cookies.
Here is a close up of the embellishing I did.  I used the Holly stamp (#15701) from QKR Stampede and stamped it with Versa Fine Black Onyx ink.  I then used Keepsake Colors Fresh Foliage Gel Paint to paint the leaves green.  I have had this paint for quite a while, got it on clearance, but had never tried it.  The label says for "Scrapbooking and Photo Tinting", but I figured I would give it a try.  Let me just say that a little goes a very long way.  It does tend to bleed, so you need to be very careful to only use a small amount on your brush and start in the center of the image, but using just a tiny bit at a time, worked very well. 
I used Stickles on the berries and that gave it a bit of sparkle and pop.

I have been experimenting with different kinds of inks and paints and will be making more of these embellished place mats.  I'll post more when I get them done. 

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you like my latest project.  Try altering some things like this, it's a lot of fun and a fairly inexpensive gift that can be made for a teacher, neighbor or as a stocking stuffer.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Thebug415 said...

VERY COOL! Love this idea! What a fun way to "spice up" your placemats.