My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nature/Animals QKR Stampede Blog Hop

Hello blog hoppers! 
Welcome to the QKR Stampede Blog Hop!
If you have just happened upon the hop, you may want to start at the
QKR Stampede Blog where you will find a link to each participating blog.  If you get lost along the way or a link doesn't work, you can always go there to get back on track.
If you have arrived from Jessica's blog, you are headed in the right direction.

Our theme this month is Nature/Animals and I have made 2 cards to show you.

For this first one, I didn't use any stamps, I used some of the lovely paper flowers available through QKR Stampede.  There are many color combinations to choose from.  For this card I used flowers from the "Orange 4" packet.

For the basket I used strips of white card stock, cut to 1/4" I used Distress Ink to color the strips then wove them together.
I used tape to adhere the strips to the back of the "basket" and trimmed the corners with my Corner Chomper. 

The flowers are adhered with glue dots and foam tape. 
I used a bit of Stickles in the centers of each of the flowers.

This second card is made with the "Seahorse" (#18708) stamp.
I stamped the seahorse onto some blue paper with VersaMark and covered with Gold Leaf.  Gold Leaf is also available through QKR Stampede and is also available in many colors and combinations.


To give it the "watery" look, which you can see a little better in this picture, I put some blue hair gel in a little plastic bag, sealed it and adhered it over the sea horse.
The bubbles on the front of the card were made by punching out some circles with my Crop a Dile adhering them to the card and covering them with Glossy Accents.

I first saw this hair gel technique when my friend, Jen, used it at
to make invitations for a pool party for her son's birthday.  They turned out adorable and I thought of this when I wanted to do something with this wonderful Seahorse image.

The next stop on the hop is
where I'm sure you will find some wonderful inspiration.

I hope you have enjoyed my cards today and will try using some of the products I have showed you today.  Hop over to QKR Stampede and check out the stamps as well as the other products that they offer.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Roxie said...

Nice showing of the flowers Kristie and your basket looks great. I like the water for the seahorse and your use of the gold leaf.

Kleeblatt said...

The basket with the flowers is great idea, this with the seahorse too.
Great Job Kristie.

Hugs Monika

Anonymous said...

these are lovely! I really like the flowers. BTW it is me kisatrtle. I can't comment on your blog under my google account. It keeps denying me access. Not sure why.

Enfys said...

What clever ideas Kristie, I love that little woven basket and great use of the hair get baggie as well
big hugs
Enfys xx