My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Shirt and Tie

ETA:  A follower let me know in a comment that it was actually a tutorial that SHE had done for Split Coast Stampers that I had seen this card from.
I had only seen the picture of her card and not the tutorial, so my insturctions are a little different. 
Thanks Susan aka Rainy!
Her tutorial can be found HERE!

I know Father's Day is past, but when I saw a shirt card similar to this on Pinterest, I had to make one.  It really is very easy and I'm sure there is a tutorial written up somewhere, but I will tell you really quickly how to make one.

Cut a piece of card stock to 11" x 4 1/4"
Score it at 5 1/2" and fold in half.
Measure down about 1 1/4" from the fold of the card on the right and left of the card.
Now measure in from each side of the card at that 1 1/4" mark about 1"
Cut in to that 1" mark.
Turn the card over to the front and fold forward to make the collar. 
The top corners of the card should meet in the center.
Don't worry if the cut goes farther in than the fold.
Make a score line between the cuts, this is where your card will fold to open.
If the underside of the collar shows when you look at the card, trim some of it off.
Use a corner rounder to round all the corners.
This is all there is to making the shirt.
I'm sorry I don't have a template for the tie.
I just used some scrap paper and a ruler and scissors and played around with the size until I like the demensions and then used it as a template.
I made one piece that is the knot and one that is the rest of the tie.

Once you have your tie on the card, you may want to glue down the collar and you will be done.

I hope this has made sense to y'all.  If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or e-mail me.  My addy is at the right of my blog.

Thanks for stopping by today,
come again soon.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

hehe... That is the shirt card I designed last year for Father's Day! I have a template for the shirt and the tie on my blog here: http://rainy.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2011/06/01/fathers-day-template-and-tutorial/
Love your take on it, Kristie!!