My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, July 15, 2019

Hedwig

Hello crafty friends!
My grand daughter's nursery is going to 
have a combined theme of Harry Potter and 
Marie from Aristocats.
I think it's going to be adorable and 
Jaryd, Sara and I have come up with some
really cute ideas that we'll be working on together.
And what Potter lover doesn't need a little
Hedwig?
Sara sent me a link to 
and I, of course, had to make one.
I found it pretty easy to make.
The only thing I changed was the eyes.
The pattern calls for little plastic eyes,
but I didn't want those for our
little Marie.  I did what I'll call a 
modified French Knot.
I call it modified, because when I 
wrapped the yarn around the needle, 
I wrapped it several times. 
This gave the eyes a little bit 
of  bulk, shall I say?
I think she turned out very nice.
I'd like to play with the pattern so I could make
another one that is larger.  
I don't have her here, 
but I think she measured about 
4" - 5" tall.
I'd love to make one that is 
double the size.
I've never tried to increase the size like
this, but I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for stopping in,
come again soon,
you never know what you'll find on
Kristie Kreates!



No comments: