My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thinking summer!

Hello and welcome to my blog!
has some lovely images that bring summer days to mind.
And what is more summery than flowers?

I have 2 cards to show you today.
This first card was made with
"Daffodils" (#83303)
I stamped it onto white cardstock and colored it with FlexMarkers
then layered it onto the card.
I know daffodils are more of a spring flower, so I also made this next card.

I used 3 stamps on this card.
First, I stamped the "Happy Birthday" (#36314) sentiment onto cardstock.
I then stamped it again onto a scrap, cut it out and used it as a mask as I
stamped "Babys Breath" (#35111) randomly onto the cardstock.
I used "Large Sunflower" (#35804)  and stamped it twice onto the brown patterned paper and twice onto white cardstock.
I fussy cut one white and both brown flowers, cutting off the smaller petals on one brown one.  I layered the flowers onto each other.  I cut the center of the 2nd white flower and colored it with a FlexMarker then adhered it to the center of the flower.
Once I added the Sunflower to the card and curled the petals up a bit,
 it was finished.

I hope you have gotten some inspiration from my cards today.
Biblical Impressions has many wonderful images that can be combined or used alone.  Stop in to the Biblical Impressions store and see all the wonderful stamps they have to offer.

Thanks for stopping by today, leave a comment if you will
and come again soon!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

kisatrtle said...

Very cute cards

Roxie said...

I like your use of the silhouette image for the background, it goes great with that big flower.

Roxie said...

Didn't notice the daffodil was in the same post and I really like that card nice choice of colors for the frame.