My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, November 30, 2012

15 things you probably don't know about me

One of the blogs that I follow religiously is
I enjoy her posts immensely, I don't know how I found it, but I'm glad I did. It was from this blog that I got the idea to write this post.
It occurs to me that most of the people who follow me have never met me and only know me by what they see posted here on my blog.
So here are 15 things you probably don't know about me.

1. When I was a kid I wanted to be a garbage man, I guess that would be a garbage woman, I don't have a clue why I thought that would be a good profession, but it's what I wanted.  I moved on though and wanted to be a Home Economics teacher (if you are under 50 you may not even know what that is.  My kids called it 'home and careers')  Once I gave that idea up I wanted to be a forensic pathologist. At the time I didn't know that's what it was called, I just knew I wanted to be the doctor that figured out why people died and how it happened.  Then I realized that I would have to go to medical school and since I really didn't like school all that much, and I didn't think I was smart enough to get through it, I gave it up.  My guidance counselor wanted me to be a dental hygienist, but I was grossed out at the idea of sticking my hands in peoples mouths!  So I became a registered nurse and stuck my hands in all kinds of other stuff.  I haven't been in nursing for almost 30 yrs. now.  But through all those things I ALWAYS wanted to be a Mom and that I am and will always be.
 It's the best job I've ever had!
 
2.  I took baton lessons for 10 years of my childhood. 
And you know what? 
I was pretty darn good at it.
 
3. I was the co-editor of the yearbook my senior year of nursing school and did most of the photography, other than the formal shots.

4.  My father was a portrait photographer and I married a photographer.  Dave, my hubby, doesn't do portraits though. 
If you are interested to see what he does, check out our website at www.lashotphotography.com

5.  I've always been a lover of crafts and when macrame was the craze, I did a ton of it.  I made a hanging lamp/table combination that hung in my parents living room for a very long time.
 Hmmmm, wonder where that ever went to!

6.  I taught myself to knit and crochet and when I was in my 20s I made a dozen or so sweaters and lots more afghans and don't have a single one of them for myself.

7.  You know how pregnant women's feet get bigger while they are pregnant?  Well, mine got bigger and they stayed that way. AND my teeth changed too. They started moving.  The dentist office staff laughed at me, but my OB said it's pretty common. I used to have perfect teeth, but now I have a big space between my 2 front teeth.  Isn't that strange?

8.  I took a water color class one time.  I drew a beautiful picture of a rose and painted it.  When I took it in, the teacher looked at it in dismay and said I should be in her drawing class, because I have real potential for drawing, but I ruined the rose with my painting. OH BROTHER!!!!  Isn't that what she was supposed to be teaching me?  How not to ruin it!

9. I don't have hardly any favorites. 
I do have a favorite singer - Johnny Mathis (I know! I'm old)
 and a favorite book - Christy by Catherine Marshall
 and a favorite movie - To Sir, With Love
but I don't have a favorite food, or color, or scent or anything like that.  So if you ask me for a favorite, be prepared to hear "I don't have one"

10.  When I was in my 20s I decided that I should learn to ride a motorcycle, so my brother was teaching me.  BUT I crashed it, landed on my face on a sidewalk. (You didn't think I was born with a face that looked like this did you? LOL!   Luckily, I didn't run into the house
that was a matter of a foot or two away.

11.  I have never broken a single bone in my body, but I do have a fake hip, so there's that.

12.  I can recite "This Little Piggy" in Swedish.
Both my Dad's parents were from Sweden and he must have taught me when I was a kid, the funny thing is that I don't remember ever having it done on my toes.

13.  I think moose are one of the coolest animals on the planet!
 Every time I go to Vermont I say "I'm gonna see a moose" and I say it a lot, but I never see one.  Last time we were in New Hampshire we even asked about local places to spot them, but no moose for me. 
One day I'm going to see one in the wild.

14.  I have a bucket list.

15. I sleep with a teddy bear.  I know you think it's strange that a 57 yr old woman would sleep with a teddy bear, but I bet you sleep holding a pillow or some bunched up covers.  And I don't really care if people think I'm strange, there are stranger things about me, but I'm not tellin'

So there are my 15 things.
Now leave me a comment and tell me something I don't know about you, or which thing you think is strangest, or funniest, or that you already knew about me, or just anything.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings today.
 Next post I'll be back to some thing crafty.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

kisatrtle said...

I feel like I know you so much better....