My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, November 16, 2012

QKR Stampede Callenge - Winter Wonderland

Hello!
Today we start a new challenge on the
Check out the blog for all the particulars.
Our theme this week is "Winter Wonderland"
 I have a created my card using
"Snowman Scene" (#23701) from QKR Stampede
If you check out the image on the QKR Stampede site
you will see that there is much more to it than
 just the snowman and bird.
I decided that I just wanted to use the snowman,
so once he was colored (with FlexMarkers) I fussy cut him.
Then adhered him to a background
 that I had inked with Distress Ink (Broken China)
The trees in the foreground were cut
from a piece of white card stock that had been embossed. 
This is just the bottom portion of the folder.
I inked the trees with Distress Ink (Peeled Paint)
then fussy cut them and adhered them with foam tape.
I used my Martha Stewart Scoring Board
to add the scored lines around the outside of the
image panel as well as the yellow card base.
This card will be a hand delivered card as it turned out quite large
measuring 6" square.
I used the unmounted red rubber stamp of
"Snowman Scene" which  is fairly large.  
It is also available in digital format,
which would give you the option to size
it to what ever size you need.
 
Thanks for stopping today.
I hope you were inspired by my card. 
Maybe you'll use "part" of an image or embossing folder. 
Don't be afraid to experiment. 
Use a bit of this and a bit of that, you might like the results.
So the next time you check out the images at
think about what size you might want
the image to be and how you may
want to 'break' it apart to create something a little different.
 
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

kisatrtle said...

love love love this stamp! Great job!

Susan (rainy) said...

So clever.. love the snowman, too. Super cute card!

Beate said...

Adorable card!
Hugs and smiles