My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, September 19, 2014

Ireland #5 On to Dingle.

On to Dingle!
When we left Adare we headed to 
The Dingle Peninsula
Our first stop was a harbor in Fahamore.
This was a small harbor where we took the
time to take a few pictures and take in the views.



Roxie and Ed checking out the view.

Dave, in his element.

Sometimes it's hard to understand the immensity of a view.
Here is a little idea of that, this shows a couple of the
"Celtic Adventurers"
(that's what we named our little group)
out on the rocks.


Then we were on our way and 
you never know what you will find along side the road.
We had to stop when we saw this guy along the way.

He was in front of a pub called Ned Natterjack's

This pub has some pretty cool signs
and windows.

We turned into the parking lot at the side and found these windows
looking into a court yard of sorts.

The pub was closed for some renovations,
but apparently when it's open this 
area is used for food service.
The owner was in the back doing some work
and when Dave talked to him and explained that
hopefully he will be leading more tours in Ireland,
he offered to take Dave inside to see the pub.
This is so typical of the people in Ireland.
I feel that they are the friendliest people anywhere!
Just one of the reasons I love Ireland.

Back on the road and we made the 
big find of the day.
We happened to see a sign for 
Fermoyle Beach
so we thought we'd check it out.
We parked the car and walked down this road.
On either side there were fields with cows,
nothing much to see, but when we got around that bend and 
onto the beach,
OH MY!
It was beautiful!
The tide was out and the beach went on for miles.

Roxie immediately made a dash for the water.
That's her way out there in the center of this picture.
 
The ripples in the sand were amazing.
And looking down the beach at the mountains 
was incredible.
When you think of Ireland, you probably don't think
of beaches, but they have some of the most beautiful
beaches I've ever seen.
It actually makes a lot of sense that they would have 
beaches, doesn't it?  After all Ireland is an island.
There will be more about beaches in future posts.
 
After walking out a ways there was still quite a long ways to the
actual surf, there was a wide expanse that had 
 shallow water.  Shallow enough to walk on with shoes and not get
anything but the soles wet.
 
That's when I noticed the reflections
The sky, the clouds, the mountains,
all reflected in that water on the beach.
The reflections were gorgeous!
Here's my handsome hubby, happy to be on a beach in Ireland!
So happy to be here together.
Dave gets to work, shooting pictures.
I love this with the reflection of the mountains, clouds and sky
and the ripples in the sand in the foreground.
Just beautiful!
Roxie and Ed
 
And up near the fields well away from the water.
This is where I started collecting rocks.
When we traveled with our kids
we used to collect rocks to bring home to a friend from our church.
He collected rocks from all over the world.
Some of the rocks we collected for ourselves,
they now "live" in a little rock garden in our yard.
I decided that I should bring home some Irish rocks 
from some of my favorite places.
Would have loved to bring home the one Roxie and Ed are sitting
on, but alas, it would never have fit into my suitcase.
I wish I had thought to take pictures of my rocks in their original
homes, but I didn't, so we'll have to deal with them taken in 
their new homes.
Here is the one I brought from Fermoyle Beach.
I loved the striations in it and the pinkish color.
It will look great in our garden.

I think that's enough for today.
Next post Conor Pass.

Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I cannot believe all that sand!! The only "beaches" I've ever seen of Ireland are rocky and more like coast than beach. Oh, what fun!