My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

S'Mores Maker Tutorial

Have you ever seen a project and you knew you wanted 
to make one, but you just couldn't find the right supplies?
Or it was just not the right size?
Or for whatever reason it just wouldn't work out?
I had that problem with making an indoor s'mores maker.
I saw this picture a couple times on Pinterest and facebook,
but a large bucket just wasn't going to work.
But I really wanted to make a couple of these.
I bought a couple buckets, but realized that they were 
far to large and once it was filled it would be far to heavy.
Finally I hit on an idea of how to make one.
Here are the supplies I used.
I found a metal planter at Joann's
Then came up with the idea of using the clay pot
and saucer for inside the planter.
Here's how you can make one of your own.
Turn the clay pot upside down and apply hot glue
around the bottom edges.
Place the saucer on top of the pot, so it
is glued on securely.
Now apply hot glue to the top of the clay pot,
turn it upside down and glue it to the 
bottom inside the planter.
I used my Silhouette software to create and cut the
design for the outside of the planter.
You can decorate the outside any way you want,
or not at all.
I bought these stones at The Dollar Tree.
I do love that store!
3 bags of these stones filled the bucket nicely.
This makes it heavy enough to sit safely, 
but not too heavy to pick up and move.
I placed a can of "Sterno" on top of the saucer.
This can be easily replaced once it is all used.
I bought skewers for roasting the marshmallows
and got corks to put on the ends for protection.
I thought this was a good idea, 
especially for anyone with children.
Also a good idea while storing.
Here is how my finished S'mores maker looks
all together.
As a gift I gave this along with a box of
graham crackers, chocolate bars and a bag of marshmallows.
This can be used indoors or out.
No need to build a big fire for just a couple s'mores.
And it's a fairly inexpensive gift to make.
The cost of the whole thing was around $20-$25.
I know I could have done this cheaper, if I hadn't waited
till the last minute to finish it.
Take advantage of the coupons at Joann's,
buy the skewers when they are 'in season' and on sale,
use coupons for the chocolate and other food products
and get them on sale.
I actually think the most expensive part of this project 
was the chocolate. 
Darn chocolate is expensive!

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and maybe have been inspired
to make a S'more's maker for yourself or as a gift.
Really???  Who doesn't love a s'more?

Thanks for stopping by.
I think this is the last of my Christmas project,
but keep coming back,
you never know what I'll have to show you.

1 comment:

Roxie said...

Such a cute idea for any time of year but really like it for those winter blues. Love the river stone idea too.