My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Something new for me......digital!

Recently I was lucky enough to win a prize on Going Buggy which is one of my favorite blogs. Enfys, not only is a very talented crafter, she also posts some of the funniest narratives I have the pleasure to read. A few weeks back I won a prize from her. (Thank you Enfys!!!) It is a Jingle Jangle Christmas CD from Polkadoodles. This CD is packed full of images and patterns to print from my computer. Last night I took the time to look through the files and print off a few of the images. Below are the cards I made with images from that CD.
For this first card, I used basic white cardstock cut to 4" x 8" scored at 4" I used a piece of patterned paper from my stash and layered that onto the white cardstock. The trees along the bottom were printed from the Jingle Jangle Christmas CD. The adorable bird in the Santa hat was also printed from the CD onto white cardstock. I think he is just the cutest little guy. I used some dash marks around the bird and around the sentiment, just to add a little interest and definition. The sentiment is from a $1.00 set I got at one of the big craft stores. I fussy cut the little tree above the sentiment from a left over piece of the border.
For this card I used one of the patterns from the Jingle Jangle Christmas CD as well as the sweet little penguin image. I printed the patterned paper as it was on the CD, then I lightened it and printed it again. I punched a circle with a punch to go behind the penguin from the darker print and inked the edges. The lighter print I cut to size, cut part of a circle out of it, inked its edges, tied a piece of ribbon from my stash around it and adhered it with foam tape to a base of white cardstock.
I fussy cut the penguin and attached him to the circle with foam tape and adhered it to the card with ATG tape. The sentiment was another from a $1.00 set from one of the big craft stores.

This last little cutie I punched out with a circle punch. I then punched out several smaller circles and attached them to the back of the penguin forming a kind of flower around him. I attached the "penguin flower" with foam tape, then adhered the other larger circles to the front of the card. At that point I felt that it really needed something, so I drew dash lines around the circles. Still didn't look right, so I took another small circle and attached it with repositional adhesive in various spots and outlined it with dash lines. Ah yes! That did it! I rounded the corners and was done.
I didn't know if I would like doing digital images, Enfys said it would be easy and she was right. This CD has so many wonderful patterns and images, I know I am going to put it to good use.
Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Sunni said...

These are so cute! I especially love the last one.

Enfys said...

Wow Kristie, you did a fabulous job, and used my favourite little robin as well. See....I told you you would love it
big hugs
En x