My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Today I have two cards to show you. This first one I had the idea for quite a while ago. I had printed the sentiment onto the white cardstock and it was sitting waiting to be finished. Finally got it finished!

I used some red cardstock from my stash, of course! The stamps are "To The Point" by Stampendous. I laid out all the arrow stamps on the cardstock, then pressed the acrylic block onto them so they would cling to the block. Using Onyx Black Versafine ink, I stamped them onto the red cardstock.

The red cardstock was adhered to the white base which was cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded at 4 1/2". Using a red Zig pen and a white Ultimate Gel Pen, I made dash lines, rounded the bottom corners with my Corner Chomper and my card was done.
This second card is a card for my great niece Alexandrea's birthday. The base is white cardstock cut to 11" x 4 1/4" folded at 5 1/2" I used a EK Success 1" circle punch to punch circles from scraps from my stash. I cut each of those circles in half to make the scallops along the bottom of the card topping them with some fiber trim.
I also used those 1/2 circles around the 2" circle, also punched with an EK Success punch, to make the large flower. I used a large button tied with some white yarn, both from my stash, for the middle of the flower.
The "Celebrate" is a stamp from a Studio G $1.00 acrylic stamp set.
I think this card turned out very pretty for a beautiful young girl like my great niece.
Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment and become a follower if you would like.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

Larelyn said...

Hi Kristie,
Very cute cards. I love the scalloped borders. I do have the cheat sheets and get the regular updates. I'm more visual than that so that's why I printed out the previews. I have made my own cheat sheets for cartridges like PPDU, but I still like looking at the images :). Thanks for keeping up with my blog.

Sue said...

Kristie, both cards are so creative! The arrow stamp set is great. Love the pastel half circles, they look great on the white card.

Hugs
Sue