My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cameo fun for a shower

My nephew is getting married
 and my sis in law and I had a shower for 
Vicki and him.
I had a lot of fun creating things for the shower.
The first thing I made was the favors.
I created a branch with love birds on it, 
cut them out of black vinyl and applied
them to little jars.
The jars were filled with kisses.

I also filled one jar with red M&M candies to use for a game.
Everyone guessed the number of candies in the jar.
The person who guessed the closest won that jar as well as 
a "door prize"
My niece, Lauren, guessed 291 and there were 287 
in the jar, pretty darn close.
I also applied a love birds on a branch to a very large glass 
and used it as a vase.
I cut up lemons and added them to the water in the "vase" 
for a little something different.
I thought it looked very pretty.
I got this idea from my friends blog
I decided to make prizes for the shower too.
Here they are below.
All of them were created with vinyl and my 
Silhouette Cameo
 
This is a cutting board/trivet


Tasty Treats jar filled with candy.

Another cutting board/trivet
and a 
"wine to go" tumbler.

This little bowl says Rings and things.
I need to make one for myself to put in my kitchen 
for when I take off my rings and watch to wash dishes.
This prize below was the "door prize"
please excuse the poor picture,
I forgot to take another when it was all fixed up nice for the shower.

And my favorite thing I made, was Vicki's gift.
I put the love birds as well as their names on a cake taker.
Vicki and Patrick are both amazing cooks and bakers
and I know it will get a lot of use.
They both loved it.
 


I had so much fun creating these things!
Everyone seemed to like them and that makes 
me happy!

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I've been creating.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!



1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

Oh my goodness, I bet the bride felt completely pampered with all of the goodies you made! I bet the guests felt extra special too!!
I love the birds, how sweet!!