My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Graduation Card for Emily

Hello all!
Today I have a graduation card to show you.
This is for a very special young lady 
who graduated from high school this year.
I have known Emily her whole life and am so proud of her.
In September she will be going away to college
that is why I made this particular card.
I started by stamping
"Ball Jar" (#23102) from 
onto an acrylic sheet with StazOn ink
and fussy cut it.
You can see in this picture how the jar looks like glass, 
since it is stamped onto acrylic.

I punched out the butterflies with a little punch from 
the studio where I work.
I glued 3 butterflies to the white card stock piece,
then used glue dots to adhere the jar over them.
I used glue dots to put butterflies directly over 
those dots adhering the jar so they wouldn't show.
I cut a small slit in the top of the jar so one butterfly is just 
coming out of the jar.
The rest of the butterflies are also adhered with glue dots.
I used a Zig Pen to make the 'flight trails'
The butterflies were all coated with a 
Wink of Stella pen, 
which gives them a shimmery/glittery look.
On the inside I used
"Congratulations" (#5507) from 
I didn't think to take a picture of the inside
 before I wrote a personal not and signed the card.
Part of what I wrote was
"It's your time to fly"

I'm very happy with how this card turned out
I hope it has inspired you in some way.
Thanks for stopping by today
I hope you will come again soon.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!




1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

I love how you used the jar stamp. Who wouldn't want a jar filled with butterflies?