My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baby Card for Emmett

Hello friends!
It's a happy time in my family!
Last week my nephew and niece got a phone call
very early in the morning.
A baby was born and they could adopt it.
This couple has gone through so much and wanted a baby so badly,
and now they have one.
I received a call from my brother that he is a grandfather
to a baby boy.
The little sweetheart is named
Emmett Timothy 
and he is a real beauty!
Our entire family is excited and I can't wait 
to meet my newest "great"
I now have 10 great nieces and nephews!
This is the card I made to welcome Emmett to
the family.
I stamped it with Versa Fine Black Onyx ink
and colored it with colored pencils.
I used odorless mineral spirits to blend
the colored pencil.
Gamsol is one brand name for 
the odorless mineral spirits,
what I use is a "generic" brand that a friend
shared with me.
I left the inside of the card blank so I can
write a message to our new 
little blessing.

Image is "Baby Animals" 
from Eureka Stamps,
I used an unmounted rubber stamp,
but this also comes in digital format.

Thanks for stopping by today,
hope to see you again soon!


2 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

it's super cute, what stampset is that if i may ask?

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the CAS design with this adorable image... really lets it shine. And the color choices are wonderful, too! Congrats on the addition to the family!