My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Dinner alone

What do you make for dinner when you are home alone?
Seems there are more nights recently, that I am home
alone for dinner.  I hate making frozen dinners and the sort,
so what's a gal to eat?
Here's one meal that I really enjoy.
Jacket Potatoes!
We first learned about these while traveling in
Great Britain years ago.
They are simple and easy.
Bake a potato, or 2 if they are small.
Break it open and fill it with something tasty.
Tonight I made one filled with tuna mixed with some 
mayo and onion.
I topped it with a bit of corn.
Grind some pepper and it's ready to eat!
It's quick, it's easy and it's tasty.
The possibilities are endless.
How about some chicken salad, or chicken and gravy
maybe some shrimp cooked in garlic butter,
or chipped beef in a cream sauce.
Even some veggies with a bit of butter would be good.
Next time you're looking for a quick and easy meal
give jacket potatoes a try.

Thanks for stopping by today,
hope to see you again soon!

No comments: