My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Autumn Greetings

Happy Autumn!
I'm not crazy about the fall time,
I don't like the cooler weather,
but I do love the colors of fall.
The trees are so beautiful and the leaves on the
ground are so pretty.
The card I have today is kind of a mash up of a
 cards that I saw on blogs.
This is kind of how inspiration works for me.
I see different techniques and designs and end up 
combining them into something that I like.
For this card, I started with a piece of white card 
stock.  I used different colors of Distress Inks to 
cover the front of the card stock.
I then found all the leaf stamps that I had,
 and stamped them onto the 
colored card with brown Color Box Chalk Ink.
I used 2 rectangle layering dies to cut the
 window in the card.
The outside was adhered to the card base.
The frame was layered with craft foam and card stock
 cut with the same dies to give dimension to the frame
around the window.
I used the frame as a guide to adhere the inside piece
to the back of the window.
I used a piece of acetate that was from some packaging
that I saved to cover the frame and adhered the 
colored frame piece on top of it.
I used a variety of sequins in the shaker window
as well as a few acorns and leaves that I stamped and fussy
cut.  I then stamped the sentiment and fussy cut that
and adhered it to the front of the shaker area.
For the sentiment inside I used a stamp that I borrowed 
from a friend.  Sorry there was no company name anywhere
on the stamp.
Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you are enjoying the beauty of autumn.
See you again soon.

The supplies I used are:
Eureka Stamps



Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


No comments: